Have you ever been caught in a clueless situation getting the right words or first sentence to ignite or start up a conversation? Well, don’t sulk over this because you are not alone.
Just before we go right into how you can turn up your conversation skill you may want to know some of the likely causes, by identifying them will guard you against making these blunders thus turn a new leaf.
Some common mistakes many of us have made in conversations.
* Not listening
* Asking too many questions
*Having to be right
*Talking about a negative or weird topic
*Being boring amongst others
Now that we have identified the conversation killers below are Funny ways to start a conversation.
- Ask a question that’ll get a funny response.
* I bet you can’t make me laugh! Do you know any funny jokes?
* What is your most embarrassing moment?
* What are some things that you shouldn’t say when receiving a gift?
* What is the worst advice that you got that you actually listened to?
*What’s the worst thing you can say on a first date?
- Tell a funny story;
Tell a funny story that relates your current enviroment, recent event that happened to you, or based off of current events. Practise ahead of time so that you’ll hit all of your key points and deliver a great punchline.
- Open up with a Witty Introductory One Liner:
Use a silly one-liner to open up conversation, such as:
* My mom said I shouldn’t talk to strangers, but you don’t look scary.
* Excuse me, but I do think it is about time we met.
- Make a Funny Observation
Observational humor is timely since it relates to the environment you are in:
* If it’s really hot, “It’s so hot in here, my sweat started sweating.”
* If it’s really early in the morning, “It’s so early that the sun hasn’t even gotten up yet.”
* If it’s really cold, say, “It’s so cold that I chipped a tooth on my soup.”
- Poke Fun at yourself;
Playfully making fun of yourself will help put others at ease:
* If you are underdressed for a formal event, say, Wow, I really overdressed for this.
* If you are a chubby person you could say you walked the runway an hour ago and you woke up a plus size model.
- Chessy Pick Up Lines
Use a cheesy pickup line to break the ice with a stranger that catches your eye :
* Do you believe in love at first sight, or should I walk by again?
* Wouldn’t we look cute on a wedding cake together.
- Chessy Jokes
Memorize a few short jokes or one-liners that you can use, such as:
*what did an egg say to another egg? Let’s get cracking.
Try these funny conversation tips going and thank me later